- Capt. Ashok Menon commenced his seafaring career in 1981 with SCI Ltd, after passing out of the prestigious maritime institute T.S.Rajendra.
A senior marine professional with over 35 years of international shipping experience including seven years as a sailing Master on cargo ships, he has nearly 15 years of shore experience in the areas of Maritime Training, Audits, Inspections, Investigations and Business Development.
Has worked in various kinds of dry cargo vessels (up to cape size) & traded in all continents. Has also worked in the offshore industry on board Supply vessels, AHTS & Seismic vessels.
- Training Experience and capability:
- Bridge Resource Management (Human Factors related courses)
- Simulator Based Ship Handling Courses
- ECDIS courses
- Type specific ECDIS – JRC, Maris & Transas
- Accident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis
- Safety ( including Company SMS) and Security related Training
- Bridge Team Management
- Marine Environment Protection Training ( OPA 90-VRP & VGP)
- Risk Assessment & Management
- Bulk Carrier Operations and Safety Courses
- Safety Officer Course
- Ship Security Officer course
Capt. Ashok Menon
Head Of Training Centre
- An ex -Rajendra 1975-76 batch cadet, initially worked with Scandia steam navigation and in 1984 took a plunge into offshore industry.
- Was in command of Dive & Multi support vessel till 2008 and during his stay on board itself, he was regarded and known for his ship handling skills in DP domain and for manual ship handling in emergency when the DP mode fails.
- His on-board passion for training his juniors built his passion for teaching and when Bibby ship management started DP training In Mumbai, was asked to head the centre and thus the start his career in training Industry. He worked there from 2008 till August 2017 signing off his tenure after serving as Director of Bibby Maritime Training Centre with more than 40 courses amongst which many niche courses conducted and with a footfall of > more than 3000 delegates attending every year..
Capt. S.N. Thakur
Head Of DP Courses
- Sailed as a Master for 25 Years on Oil, Product, Chemical Tankers & offshore, anchor handling and towing vessels.
- 6 Years of training expertise in Main Fleet and Offshore courses including BTRM, Large Vessel Handling, STS Operations, Tandem Mooring & SBM / Tug Handling, Offshore Vessel Manual Handling, Anchor Handling & Towing.
- MCA UK Approved Trainer for Oil & Chemical Tanker advanced courses, HELM & MRM
Capt. Kali Driver
Head Of Nautical Courses
- Former Chief engineer with 21 years of sailing experience on various type of Tankers and cargo vessel.
- started his career in 1983 with sci a 5th engineer, and sailed in companies like barber ship management, denholm ship management and expedo ship management till he moved ashore in 2004.
- His shore experience of 16 years combines a blend of Technical Sudpt , Quality assurance , Training and Crew Management
- Is a Trained trainer and holding TOTA .
Mr. Ramesh Menon
Head Of Technical Courses
18 years as Merchant Marine Radio Officer. In :
TOLANI Shipping - India
MOSVOLD ASIA – Norway
SELANDIA – India 22 years as GMDSS Course Co-ordinator, Examiner & Lecturer
In : T.S. Rahaman – Nhava – Mumbai. India, Sir Derek Bibby Maritime Training Centre. Mumbai. India Global Maritime Training Centre. Mumbai / India.
Now Aqua Marine Maritime Academy. Mumbai / India
Above inclusive of 6 years as :
AMERC / MCA GMDSS Assistant. Chief Examiner
Auditor for QMS for 18 years
(inclusive of Internal Auditor & Management Representative for QMS)
Mr. Francis Peter Rodrigues
Head Of GMDSS Course
- ECDIS Courses
- Trained with Safebridge for Type Specific ECDIS- JRC JAN901B/701B/JAN 2000 + JRC JAN9201/7201+ SPERRY Vision Master FT + Kelvin Hughes Manta Digital Ecdis + SAM Ecdis Pilot Platinum
- Simulator Bases Ship Handling courses
- Bridge Team Management
- VICT course
- Ship Security Officer’s course
- Various STCW courses: PSSR,PSCRB,PST, RUTetc.
Capt. Milton Vaz
Nautical Faculty - Deck
Trainer at Global Maritime Training Centre at Mahim Mumbai (Jul 2014 - 31st May 2019)
Subjects taught included:
- DP Technical and Maintenance to engineers and ETOs.
- High Voltage MCA UK (M)&(O) levels.
- Marine Automation and Control Systems to engineers and ETOs.
- Marine systems and instrumentation.
- Power Generation and Distribution systems.
- Engine room simulator-based training.
- Electrical propulsion systems, and
TOTA Qualified Trainer
- Sailing in Merchant Shipping as an Electrical Officer (1990 - 2014)
Indian Navy Experience (1971 –19 89)
- 4 years of Teaching experience at Naval Electrical College INS Valsura at Jamnagar.
- Served in Leander Class Frigates.
Worked at Naval Dockyard in WATT (B), WRSTG(L)and FMU(B), Weapon
Acceptance TrialTeam, Weapon and Radio Tuning Group and Fleet maintenance
Unit Bombay respectively.
Mr. Prithvi Pal Singh
- Examiner cum Instructor for UK GMDSS for approximately
- Instructor for Indian GMDSS for approximately
- Instructor for High Voltage Safety course MCA UK approved
- Sailed as Radio Officer
- Sailed as Electrical Officer
- Presently at this training centre from
- 12 years plus
- 9 years plus
- 3 years plus
- 1975 to 1998
- 1999 to 2007
- May 2007
Amfrid M. Sequeira