The present age marine mercantile fleet is equipped with sophisticated machinery and
developed with state of art technologies. Thus, they need careful handling during
operations and maintenance. It has been realized that due to educational background
of marine engineers, there is growing need for developing and honing the skills of
electrical and automation engineering in them. In addition, to understand the working,
maintenance and troubleshooting of the various automated control equipment.
This course is designed to prepare the Marine Engineers to face the challenges of
Automation and Control in modern vessels where integrated engine control systems
and more modern Programmable Logic Controllers are the norm.
Stanley D'Souza, Marketing Manager. +91 8879696424
TEL : +91 22 6111 0909 / 24463565 / 61113636
NOTE: We can assist with hotel booking arrangements if required
On completion of this course, the participant should be able to understand:
• Concepts of automatic control and remotely controlled systems close loop and open
loop servo control systems.
• Working and maintenance of Temperature, Pressure, Flow, Level control sensors
and other measuring equipment.
• Analogue signals such voltage and current signals used in automation and controls
• Digital and binary signals such as NMEA, RS 232, RS422 and data communication
• The operation, maintenance and logical approach to fault diagnostics on systems
based on PLCs.
• Operation and maintenance of various types of Transmitters, Controllers, Actuators,
Valve Positioners and control valves with their characteristics.
• Boilers controllers-Boiler water level controller and Air/Fuel combustion controller.
• Operation and maintenance of the Automatic Controller along with calibration